Debbie's Learning Journey

I’m here to learn, refine and practice what I’ve learnt to enable me understand community management from a different perspective.

1 Like

Awesome! I can help you do this by either:

1. Building a new community from scratch
  2. Scaling or growing an existing community you own or manage

And you’ll learn, unlearn and grow as you do this. Which of these would you prefer?

You can also ask questions about community management here in #questions and I’ll get you answers.

I prefer this: Scaling or growing an existing community you own or manage

1 Like

Awesome!

Can you share the name of the community you’d like to use here, their name and what they are about.

Hello Osioke !

I apologise for the back and forth. I’ve thought of it and i prefer the option of building a new community from scratch.

1 Like

Cool! To go on with the learning, answer me this:

:question: What kind of community would you like to start or grow :question:

If you already have a community in mind, please share it here giving as much detail as you can.

If you do not, that is also fine. Just share what kind of community you will like to create.

If the answer to this isn’t clear, think about your hobbies or interests and share the one you currently enjoy engaging in or talking about.

A Product based community were community members easily give reviews for product consumption which can lead to product improvement. I don’t have any brand in mind.

1 Like

That is pretty unique! What spurred the idea?

I understand that communities are not built for the fun of it and when products build communities they expect conversion, reviews on their products to help them produce products inline with community member’s needs.

1 Like

Not why the idea, I mean, what did you see that made you want to create this specific community?

I’ve seen brands building products and disregarding the importance of having a community, even when they have one , they engage the members with the wrong activities that won’t help members focus on the why of the product and help the product improve by giving feedback.

1 Like

Beautiful beautiful!

This seems to be where it will be tricky. Picking a specific brand may tie the community and not picking may make it to vague or huge. What would you like to do?

You can also look at different Nigerian-focused/based products or service offerings or brands, which one annoys you or people around you the most that you have to use? Maybe they need a community like this?