Anita's Learning Log

Sharing my progress here.

1 Like

Yay @Anita_O! :slight_smile:

Now let’s get the ball rolling and start your Community Management Learning Journey with a brief overview of how the learning would take place.

The learning happens as we converse here. We’d use this topic to go through your goals and I’ll share the materials and your tasks/assignments personalised to you and your learning goals.

This learning process is completely different from other methods of learning you may have experienced, so I’ll say keep an open mind and come hungry to learn.

If you want to see this in action, click this Learning to see the learning topics of others here.

To proceed with your learning, answer me this

:question: What are your learning goals for this program :question:

Basically, what do you hope to be able to learn and do or get by joining this program?

To become a well rounded Community Manager who does the job with confidence.

1 Like

Neat! What a beautiful goal.

To work on this goal with you, we will go small. We will work with a community you own and help you build and rebuild it. You will learn as we do this building.

To kick this off, answer me this:

:question: What kind of community would you like to start or grow :question:

If you already have a community in mind, please share it here giving as much detail as you can.

If you do not, that is also fine. Just share what kind of community you will like to create. If the answer to this isn’t clear, think about your hobbies or interests and share the one you currently enjoy engaging in or talking about.

I would lile to buid a community focused on Digital Marketing as it is what i’m currently learning. I also hope to start my personal Marketing blog and start sending newsletters etc.

1 Like

Nice! That sounds like a plan.

There are a lot of communities focused on digital marketing, so our next step here will be defining what differentiates your community from the rest, like

:question: Why should I join your community :question:

This can be rephrased to read as “What is in your community for me?” or “What is the JOB people come to my community to get done?” or just simply*“WHY your community?”* why not any other career or professional development community? The why or the value of your community is the main reason people rush or join your community. It has to be compelling enough to PULL them in to your community.

To help you answer this, I will share a couple of resources. Go through them one at a time and reply here with what you learnt from them. Then ONLY after going through the resources and sharing your insights should you answer the question above. The resources are:

1. The Jobs To Be Done Framework:
  1. Start With Why:

Looking forward to your answer :blush:

Hi @Anita_O how’s it going with you? :slight_smile: