Mary's Learning Log

Sharing my learning progress here

1 Like

Awesome stuff @Ukdev :slight_smile:

Now let’s get the ball rolling and start your Community Management Learning Journey with a brief overview of how the learning would take place.

The learning happens as we converse here. We’d use this topic to go through your goals and I’ll share the materials and your tasks/assignments personalised to you and your learning goals.

This learning process is completely different from other methods of learning you may have experienced, so I’ll say keep an open mind and come hungry to learn.

If you want to see this in action, click this Learning to see the learning topics of others here.

To proceed with your learning, answer me this

:question: What are your learning goals for this program :question:

Basically, what do you hope to be able to do or get by joining this program?

Hello @osioke, thank you for the opportunity. Apologises for this late reply, I travelled and couldn’t do much with internet where I was. Back now to fully continue my learning.

My purpose for this program are a lot as I am nee to CM space, however, I personally want to be able to develop community strategies, effectively plan community events that would drive engagements, be able to measure important metrics and use data to make more community informed decisions.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

Combined together, these are really hefty goals, but they complement each other so they are achievable. To start off we will go small. We will work with a community you own and help you build and rebuild it. You will learn as we do this building.

To go on with the learning, answer me this:

:question: What kind of community would you like to start or grow :question:

If you already have a community in mind, please share it here giving as much detail as you can.

If you do not, that is also fine. Just share what kind of community you will like to create. If the answer to this isn’t clear, think about your hobbies or interests and share the one you currently enjoy engaging in or talking about.

Hi @Ukdev how’s it going with you? :slight_smile:

Super sorry I haven’t been here. Got layed off at work and it’s been a tough tike for me. I should be able to to finish up the last task soonest.

Thank you for your patience.

Also, I would like to ask if we do have like a timetable we do follow, that could also help me know deadline to tasks and help me plan ahead. I don’t know if this is already available or if not, if it’s possible to get

1 Like

Thank you for this @osioke

Personally, I would love to grow a community of techies. Basically, this is a community that provides support/resource to techies to scale their career and connect them to recruiters.

So, it’s going to be a two side community. First is for techies, second is for recruiters. We will need a poll of great recruiters to be partners with us, this way they’re also a part of the community. However, both parties will be looked out for differently.

After we’re done supporting these techies, we want to be sure they get to good job that helps them stay connected to their various passion.

I don’t know if my explanation was detailed enough.

Please let me know if I’m missing anything.

1 Like

No timetable for deadlines, you work at your own pace. But I can show you an idea of what the learning path is. I’ll draft that and share soonest.

Why do you want to do this? What would you be looking to solve?

Okay. I will be looking forward to the draft. Thank you

No! Don’t wait for the draft, there isn’t a timeline for assignments. Just submit the tasks and assignments when you’re done.

You can be fast with it or slow with it, your choice.

Okay then. All right

1 Like

For my goal.

I am looking to bridge the gap between talents and hiring. For instance, we have amazing talents in the ecosystem but many are likely not to have a job due to some factors, like zero experience, no one to speak for those talents, low pay and so on.

This community is majorly for talents that come from low income countries/communities. Regardless of where they’re from, we see their work, we recognise their work and we want to connect them to the best companies and work environments.

1 Like

This is a really good idea. It is tricky but good, so I have some more assignments for you.

Find successful communities or businesses that do something similar, list them out. If you can find at least 3, that would he perfect.

As you research for them, look through how they work and try to analyse them, what do you find? How do they work? What is their key selling point? What makes them better than the rest?

Note what you can and share here. This will give you an understanding of the area you want to go into and better help you craft a compelling service.

When can I expect this from you?

Wow. Sounding like a lot.

I honestly cannot say when but I think 5days is ideal. I am currently job hunting and it’s taking a lot from me.

5 days? Also, I love research but it’s difficult when I don’t have any lead. So, if you will be kind of enough to share how best I can get on with this research, it will be really helpful.

Looking forwards to your response.

1 Like

I can help you with this, let’s have a call on Tuesday? Would this be helpful?

Okay, let me help. Think about this in bits. Are their any tech communities like the one you want to start?

Non Tech in Tech is one, there is also She Leads Africa. Devcenter Square is an older one, but they all are communities of techies that help them grow their careers and then bring in recruiters. Or what do you think?