Chimuanya's Learning Track List

To keep up with my progress report, here.

Ogun Techies on the Toplist

Goals

• To learn how to build, nurture communities.
  • To learn how to maximize networks in increasing community growth.
  • I would be using Ogun Techies as a template to achieve this.
1 Like

Nice! What do you mean by trackit in the title?

I take it this is your goal for joining the learning program yeah? If so, would you mind clarifying it a bit?

It’s called Chimuanya Learning Track list.

• To learn how to build, nurture communities.
  • To learn how to maximize networks in increasing community growth.
  • I would be using Ogun Techies as a template to achieve this.

@osioke please how do I edit previous topic to add this or modify this. Thanks for your understanding. I hope to get your feedback.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification!

Done! I can help with the edits.

Okay these makes sense :slight_smile:

I like how you’ve already gone ahead to do the first task with this answer :wink: you deserve some accolades

:clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

But the first task isn’t completely done with just that. Next, share more details about your choosen community Ogun Techies. Bio, overview, links and everything else are welcome. Once you share this, we will kick off with the next task.

Thanks for the feedback.

OgunTechies, is the community of Ogun’s Tech Enthusiasts. OgunTechies is a community of young, vibrant individuals residing in Ogun State, looking to connect with like-minded individuals. Together we are building a great place to network, share ideas and help each other grow.

Its just about 2 months and we have 86 community members on telegram.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/oguntechies

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ogun_techies

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/oguntechies/

1 Like

:mega: :warning: Before proceeding with any of the tasks below, please complete your onboarding @Chimuanya. I missed that you hadn’t set your bio and you did not complete the interactive user guide, and you ticked that you had. Please set your bio and be sure to complete the rest of the onboarding. If you feel like you don’t have to complete the onboarding, please share why below.

Nice one! Really nice. I especially love the pinned post on your IG page and referring to the community as a family. I also love the way you’ve beautifully defined the WHY of the community.

It is alot of words and it could do with some summarising, but it is still a good one.

:clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

For your next task, we will look at the goals/needs of your community from the owner and member perspective. We will start with the goals of the Community Owner.

Are there any business goals set for the community?

For instance did the project owners tell you to do something specific like grow the numbers or increase engagement or some other task? If yes, we can use that as our focus.

If no, then answer me this:

What were you asked to do with the community when it was given to you?

Or are you the owner? If you are the owner, then answer me this,

What do you want to do with Ogun Techies

Thanks for the feedback!

For clarity, I am not the founder or co-owner. The founder is a mutual friend and he brought me in to join the community as a community lead.

To help drive engagement, manage the community and increase membership as well as followings across board. In short to help spread the news of the new community.

1 Like

Also, I am working with a social media manager.

1 Like

I have checked the onboarding. Updated BIO/About
Please confirm and help review. Thanks

1 Like

Seen, thanks.

I edited your reply to make it easier to read and understand, sorry about that.

Perfect. Basically, the goal is to ‘grow’ the community. To grow the engagement, grow the membership and grow the brand.

The easiest way to do this growth is by leveraging the existing members. This will make the growth organic and very scalable. As we do it your members will begin to refer more and more people to the community and they’ll be talking about the community and sharing the community.

For them to get to that point of referring and talking about and sharing your community, we have to give them a STELLAR experience. To give them this stellar experience, you need to know their own needs and goals for being in the community. You may already know them as I see you mentioned a few things in this IG post, but going through this process will make you more certain. The overall process we will use is my 4 Step to Community Growth process:

With the process, we will:

1. Define the needs of the community and the community owner
  2. Create experiences that satisfy these needs
  3. Record growth from the activity created when members’ needs are met
  4. Capture value from the community growth to meet the community owner’s goals/needs

Once we know the needs of your members and we meet them quickly and smoothly for them, they are happier with your community. And with this happiness, they’ll share and talk more and more about your community, referring people to join and partake.

Let us get on to the process with the first step Defining Needs.

For the first step in the process, we will define the needs of your community members. We already have the needs of the community owners which is the business goals you shared earlier, now we will work on defining the needs of the community members.

Defining your community members needs

To do this, you will have to empathise and pull insights from your key/active community members.

So first identify some of the key/active community members you have currently in the community. Make a list of them. Use psuedonames for them on this list and share it here. Beside each name, note what they do that makes you feel they are key or active. Your list should be at-least 3 members long. It shouldn’t be more than 10 members though, 10 members out of 86 is plenty. Share this list then we will move on to the next task.

Thank you the clarity.

After taking a closer look of the community and engagement recently.

These are some of the active members of the community.

1. Abdul (Always responding to telegram posts)
  2. Miracle (Telegram and social media engagements consistency even hyping founders)
  3. Fasisi ( Joined and was already anticipating hosting a twitter space)
1 Like

Awesome! Next, you’ll talk to each of them to learn about their experiences in the community and how it has been. To do this, you’ll ask them a couple of questions in no particular order, and you’ll record their responses.

:question: How has your experience in the community been? :question:

You can rephrase or twist the question by inserting phrases like:

• What happened … with your experience … ?
  • How did it go?

And when they answer, try to find out what they liked and did not like about the whole experience, you can use questions like:

• What was your favourite part?
    • What did you enjoy or like the most about it?
  • What was your least favourite part?
    • What did you hate or dislike the most about it?

Don’t send all the questions together though, take your time and have a conversation with them, digging in and understanding their answers.

Once you’re done, share each of them’s answers (including the questions you asked) here raw and unedited.

Do let me know if this makes sense or if it doesn’t.

It makes absolutely sense. I took my time in reaching out to the highlighted community members.

I asked them the same Question which is

“ How has been your experience so far in the community “.

Responses include

FASASI

Okay.

Im not so good with compliments.

I’m not really a fan of telegram but ever since I joined Ogun techies. I always check in at least five times daily to check what’s popping on the group especially.

That’s love right😂

I love the experience so far especially Friday session :joy:

It’s very fun and I love it.

I love the fact that everyone is damn accommodating

I wish we could do more.

Like organize more events or host physical hangout.

And I’m actually interested in working to increase the group visibility.

More people needs to join this.

ABDUL

Its been great actually.

from hosting spaces to distributing employment opportunities. In other words, bringing individuals together to build a supportive community.

I’ve been really busy that’s why I’ve not abit active here.

MIRACLE

Yehuda Berg once said “A true community is not just about being geographically close to someone or part of the same social web network. It’s about feeling connected and responsible for what happens”.

Ogun Techies has been an amazing community right from the time I joined. The founding members of the community are doing their best to make everyone feel part of the community by hosting engaging events, chill out spaces and a lot of other activities not to talk about the sharing of resources and available Job opportunities.

Personally, the community has provided me a leadership responsibility and grooming me for better opportunities.
—————————————————-

Those were their responses.

Did you only ask them this question? And they had all these answers?

Yes but in different sound I guess.

How has it been for you so far in the community. How has your experience been
How do you feel in the community.

Okay, makes sense.

You were also supposed to follow up with questions like:

Hi @Chimuanya how’s it going with you? :slight_smile: